Sunday, August 14, 2011

How do I ged rid of guilt and forgive myself?

A few months ago I got very drunk and someone attempted to sleep with me. I am not completely blameless although I did eventually say no, I stopped them mid action. I feel unbelieveable guilt. I know it was wrong and I can't forget about it. The guilt is constantly hovering over me. My partner and I were going though a rough patch at the time, we had just got back together after a break, still lots of arguements though. I am still with my partner and we are stronger than ever, although they don't know about the incident, i don't see why I should share my burden, I love them more than ever. My burden has turned me to religion. I have repented and asked God for forgiveness. I read The Bible everyday and have found some comfort from it. Is it wrong that sin has turned me to God? Should I tell my partner? How can I cleanse myself of guilt? I have turned my life around since the incident which allowed me see what I was capable of, before it happened I didn't know I was capable of such sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment